Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just Call Me Sacagawea

Gay men just find me.  No, correction, closeted gay men find me.  Closeted gay men who know almost nothing about the gay community.  They just appear out of nowhere and pop into my life.  And, like the incredibly maternal person I seem to be only to unlikely objects of maternal affection, I tend to them.  I guide them through the Louisiana Purchase that is the coming out and accepting yourself process.  I seriously am beginning to wonder if there is some sort of Fag Hag assignment rotation that I'm just unaware of. 

Gaybie is a boy I've been talking to.  A boy that just reappeared unexpectedly in my life a few months ago.  A boy that, after not speaking for 5 years, I talk to almost daily.  A boy that is sweet and nice and cute.  A boy that came out to me last weekend.   I should have known.

But on a related note, my BFF just came out to his mother.  I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I am.  He has finally, after 3 long years, reached the Pacific Ocean.  


No comments:

Post a Comment